33-3-451. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Clearing corporation" has the meaning provided in 30-8-112, except that with respect to securities issued by institutions organized or existing under the laws of any foreign country or securities used to meet the deposit requirements pursuant to the laws of a foreign country as a condition of doing business in the foreign country, a clearing corporation may include a corporation that is organized or existing under the laws of any foreign country and is legally qualified under those laws to effect transactions in securities by computerized book entry.
(2) "Direct participant" means a bank, trust company, or other institution that maintains an account in its name in a clearing corporation and through which an insurance company participates in a clearing corporation.
(3) "Federal reserve book-entry system" means the computerized systems sponsored by the United States department of the treasury and certain agencies and instrumentalities of the United States for holding and transferring securities of the United States government and those agencies and instrumentalities, respectively, in federal reserve banks through banks that are members of the federal reserve system or that otherwise have access to the computerized systems.
(4) "Member bank" means a national bank, state bank, or trust company that is a member of the federal reserve system and through which an insurance company participates in the federal reserve book-entry system.
(5) "Security" has the meaning provided in 30-8-112.