39-51-1103. Contributions by employers required -- payments in lieu of contributions authorized for certain employers. (1) Contributions accrue and become payable by each employer for each calendar year in which the employer is subject to this chapter with respect to wages, as defined in 39-51-201, paid for employment, as defined in this chapter, occurring during the calendar year.
(2) The contributions become due and must be paid by each employer to the department for the fund in accordance with rules adopted by the department and may not be deducted in whole or in part from the wages of individuals employed by the employer.
(3) In the payment of any contributions, a fractional part of a cent must be disregarded unless it amounts to one-half cent or more, in which case it must be increased to 1 cent.
(4) Nonprofit organizations, defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and that are exempt from tax under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, may elect to make payments in lieu of contributions.
(5) The state and its political subdivisions may elect to make payments in lieu of contributions or pay under a special contributions plan established for governmental entities only.
(6) An Indian tribe may make a separate election to make payments in lieu of contributions for each tribal unit and may elect to combine all or some tribal units into group reimbursement accounts.