Montana Code Annotated 2019



Part 6. Youth Residential Services

License Required

52-2-621. License required. (1) A person may not maintain or operate a youth care facility for any child or children within the meaning of this part without first securing a license from the department.

(2) A kinship care provider who provides unlicensed care for a child placed pursuant to the legal authority of the department must receive approval in writing from the department.

(3) An extended family member, as defined by the department, who provides unlicensed care for a youth who receives services provided through the department's developmental disabilities program, mental health program, or medicaid home and community-based services waiver program must receive approval in writing from the department.

(4) The department may not charge a fee for a license or approval granted under this section.

History: En. Sec. 2, Ch. 178, L. 1947; amd. Sec. 47, Ch. 121, L. 1974; Sec. 10-521, R.C.M. 1947; redes. 10-1317 by Sec. 14, Ch. 328, L. 1974; R.C.M. 1947, 10-1317; amd. Sec. 20, Ch. 465, L. 1983; MCA 1981, 41-3-502; redes. 41-3-1141 by Sec. 31(4), Ch. 465, L. 1983; amd. Sec. 10, Ch. 514, L. 1997; Sec. 41-3-1141, MCA 1999; redes. 52-2-621 by Sec. 17(3)(d), Ch. 281, L. 2001.