16-12-122. Healing and ending addiction through recovery and treatment account. (1) There is a healing and ending addiction through recovery and treatment account in the state special revenue fund. The account consists of money transferred to the account pursuant to 16-12-111.
(2) Revenue in the account must be used to provide statewide programs for:
(a) substance use disorder prevention;
(b) mental health promotion; and
(c) crisis, treatment, and recovery services for substance use and mental health disorders.
(3) The programs must be designed to:
(a) increase the number of individuals choosing treatment over incarceration;
(b) improve access to, utilization of, and engagement and retention in prevention, treatment, and recovery support services;
(c) expand the availability of community-based services that reflect best practices or are evidence-based;
(d) leverage additional federal funds when available for the healthy Montana kids plan provided for in Title 53, chapter 4, part 11, and the medicaid program provided for in Title 53, chapter 6, for the purposes of this section;
(e) provide funding for programs and services that are described in subsections (2)(a) through (2)(c) and provided on an Indian reservation located in this state; or
(f) provide funding for grants and services to tribes for use in accordance with this section.
(4) (a) An amount not to exceed $500,000, including eligible federal matching sources when applicable, must be used to provide funding for grants and services to tribes for tobacco prevention and cessation, substance use disorder prevention, mental health promotion, and substance use disorder and mental health crisis, treatment, and recovery services.
(b) The department of public health and human services shall manage the programs funded by the special revenue account and shall adopt rules to implement the programs.
(5) The legislature shall appropriate money from the state special revenue account provided for in this section for the programs referred to in this section.
(6) Programs funded under this section must be funded through contracted services with service providers.