16-12-501. Purpose. The purpose of this part is to:
(1) provide a regulatory system for providing marijuana for the use of individuals with debilitating medical conditions, including posttraumatic stress disorder, in order to alleviate the symptoms of the debilitating medical condition;
(2) allow for the limited cultivation, manufacture, delivery, and possession of marijuana as permitted by this chapter;
(3) allow persons to assist registered cardholders with the cultivation of marijuana and manufacture of marijuana products permitted by this chapter.
(4) provide for a registry of individuals with debilitating medical conditions entitled to purchase marijuana and marijuana products at the tax rate specified in 15-64-102; and
(5) provide the process for obtaining a registry identification card.