23-2-109. Trails and recreational facilities grant program -- rulemaking. (1) There is a trails and recreational facilities grant program administered by the department.
(2) Cities, counties, tribal governments, school districts, recreational clubs and organizations, and state and federal agencies are eligible to receive grant funds for the following projects:
(a) new trail and shared-use path construction;
(b) rehabilitation and maintenance of existing trails and shared-use paths; and
(c) trailside and trailhead facilities, including but not limited to bridges, fencing, parking, bathrooms, latrines, picnic shelters, interpretation, trail signs, and trailside weed management.
(3) In making grants, the department shall consider the recommendations of the state trails advisory committee established pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 206.
(4) Entities receiving a grant may use up to 7% of the funds for administrative costs.
(5) Any funds awarded pursuant to this section that are not fully expended within 3 years must revert to the department and be deposited in the account established in 23-1-105.
(6) The department may adopt rules to implement this section.