2-15-1735. Board of nursing home administrators. (1) There is a board of nursing home administrators.
(2) The board consists of six voting members appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate. Three members must be nursing home administrators. One member shall represent the public at large and must be 55 years of age or older at the time of appointment. The other two members must be representatives of professions or institutions concerned with the care of chronically ill and infirm aged patients and may not be from the same profession or have a financial interest in a nursing home.
(3) The director of the department of public health and human services or the director's designee is an ex officio, nonvoting member of the board.
(4) Each appointed member shall serve for a term of 5 years. Any vacancy occurring in the position of an appointive member must be filled by the governor for the unexpired term.
(5) Appointive members may be removed by the governor only for cause.
(6) The board is allocated to the department for administrative purposes only as prescribed in 2-15-121.