2-15-1773. Board of outfitters. (1) There is a board of outfitters.
(2) The board consists of the following five members to be appointed by the governor with the consent of the senate:
(a) one outfitter licensed for both hunting and fishing, representing a public land hunting and fishing outfitter knowledgeable in government permitting and preferably with a packing endorsement;
(b) one outfitter licensed only as a fishing outfitter;
(c) one outfitter representing a private land hunting outfit;
(d) one outfitter licensed for both hunting and fishing, with their business being predominately fishing; and
(e) one member of the general public who is a Montana-based business owner who engages in nonoutfitted business that is reliant on the local outdoor recreation industry.
(3) A favorable vote of at least a majority of all members of the board is required to adopt any resolution, motion, or other decision.
(4) A vacancy on the board must be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(5) The members shall serve staggered 3-year terms and take office on the day they are appointed.
(6) The board is allocated to the department of labor and industry for administrative purposes only as prescribed in 2-15-121.
(7) Each member of the board is entitled to receive compensation and travel expenses as provided for in 37-1-133.