2-15-1819. Board of research and commercialization technology. (1) There is a Montana board of research and commercialization technology.
(2) The board consists of six members. One member must be appointed by the president of the senate, one member must be appointed by the minority leader of the senate, one member must be appointed by the speaker of the house, one member must be appointed by the minority leader of the house, and two members must be appointed by the governor. One of the members appointed by the governor must be an enrolled member of a Montana tribal government.
(3) A member who ceases to live in the state is disqualified from membership, and the position becomes vacant. If a vacancy occurs, the position must be filled in the manner of the original appointment.
(4) The board shall hire an executive director and shall prescribe the executive director's salary and duties.
(5) (a) The board is a quasi-judicial entity subject to the provisions of 2-15-124, except that none of the members are required to be licensed to practice law in the state.
(b) The board shall elect a presiding officer from among its members at an annual election. The presiding officer may be reelected.
(c) Except for the original appointments, members shall serve 2-year terms.
(6) The board is attached to the department of commerce for administrative purposes only.