2-15-2216. Trauma care committee. (1) There is a trauma care committee.
(2) The committee consists of members appointed by the governor as follows:
(a) a member of the Montana committee on trauma of the American college of surgeons, who shall serve as presiding officer of the committee;
(b) two members from each regional trauma care advisory committee created pursuant to 50-6-411;
(c) a member of the Montana trauma coordinators;
(d) a representative of the Montana hospital association;
(e) a member of the Montana medical association;
(f) a member of the emergency nurses association;
(g) an individual who is or who is employed by a Montana private ambulance operator;
(h) a member of the Montana emergency medical services association;
(i) a nurse or physician representing the Indian health service; and
(j) a member of the American college of emergency physicians, Montana chapter.
(3) Members must be appointed for 4-year terms, except that seven of the members initially appointed shall serve terms of 2 years. Members serve at the pleasure of the governor. If a vacancy occurs, the governor shall appoint a replacement to fill the unexpired term. A member may be reappointed.
(4) A member of the committee may not receive compensation for performing the member's duties but must be reimbursed for expenses.
(5) The committee is attached to the department of public health and human services for administrative purposes only as provided in 2-15-121.
(6) The committee has the duties provided in 50-6-404.