2-17-534. Security responsibilities of department. The department is responsible for providing centralized management and coordination of state policies for security of data and information technology resources and shall:
(1) establish and maintain the minimum security standards and policies to implement 2-15-114, including the physical security of the central computer center, statewide telecommunications network, and backup facilities consistent with these standards;
(2) establish guidelines to assist agencies in identifying information technology personnel occupying positions of special trust or responsibility or sensitive locations;
(3) establish standards and policies for the exchange of data between any agency information technology resource and any other state agency, private entity, or public entity to ensure that exchanges do not jeopardize data security and confidentiality;
(4) coordinate and provide for a training program regarding security of data and information technology resources to serve governmental technical and managerial needs;
(5) include appropriate security requirements in the specifications for solicitation of state contracts for procuring data and information technology resources; and
(6) upon request, provide technical and managerial assistance relating to information technology security.