7-15-4234. Urban renewal agency to be administered by appointed board of commissioners. (1) If the urban renewal agency is authorized to transact business and exercise powers under this part, the mayor, by and with the advice and consent of the local governing body, shall appoint a board of commissioners of the urban renewal agency consisting of five commissioners.
(2) The initial membership shall consist of one commissioner appointed for 1 year, one for 2 years, one for 3 years, and two for 4 years. Each subsequent appointment must be for 4 years. A certificate of the appointment or reappointment of a commissioner must be filed with the clerk of the municipality, and the certificate is conclusive evidence of the proper appointment of the commissioner.
(3) Each commissioner shall hold office until a successor has been appointed and has qualified.
(4) A commissioner may not receive compensation for services but is entitled to the necessary expenses, including traveling expenses, incurred in the discharge of duties.
(5) Any persons may be appointed as commissioners if they reside within the municipality.
(6) A commissioner may be removed for inefficiency, neglect of duty, or misconduct in office.