7-22-2101. Definitions. As used in this part, unless the context indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means a district weed board created under 7-22-2103.
(2) "Commissioners" means the board of county commissioners.
(3) "Coordinator" means the person employed by the county to conduct the district noxious weed management program and supervise other district employees.
(4) "Department" means the department of agriculture provided for in 2-15-3001.
(5) "District" means a weed management district organized under 7-22-2102.
(6) "Integrated weed management program" means a program designed for the long-term management and control of weeds using a combination of techniques, including hand-pulling, cultivation, use of herbicide, use of biological control, mechanical treatment, prescribed grazing, prescribed burning, education, prevention, and revegetation.
(7) "Native plant" means a plant indigenous to the state of Montana.
(8) "Native plant community" means an assemblage of native plants occurring in a natural habitat.
(9) (a) "Noxious weeds" or "weeds" means any exotic plant species established or that may be introduced in the state that may render land unfit for agriculture, forestry, livestock, wildlife, or other beneficial uses or that may harm native plant communities and that is designated:
(i) as a statewide noxious weed by rule of the department; or
(ii) as a district noxious weed by a board, following public notice of intent and a public hearing.
(b) A weed designated by rule of the department as a statewide noxious weed must be considered noxious in every district of the state.
(10) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or state or local government agency or subdivision owning, occupying, or controlling any land, easement, or right-of-way, including any county, state, or federally owned and controlled highway, drainage or irrigation ditch, spoil bank, barrow pit, or right-of-way for a canal or lateral.
(11) "Weed management" or "control" means the use of an integrated weed management program for the containment, suppression, and, where possible, eradication of noxious weeds.