10-2-403. Eligibility for residence in home. To be eligible for residence in a Montana veterans' home under rules prescribed by the department of public health and human services, a person must be a veteran or the spouse or surviving spouse of a veteran. Consideration must also be given to:
(1) the person's age;
(2) the person's physical and mental status;
(3) the person's ability or inability to locate suitable alternative accommodations;
(4) the person's term of residence in Montana;
(5) the person's gender as it relates to availability of appropriate living space;
(6) the ability of the Montana veterans' home to meet the person's needs; and
(7) other admission requirements established by the department.