15-1-706. Execution upon warrant. (1) Upon receipt of a copy of the filed warrant and notice from the department by electronic or other means that the applicable hearing provisions have been complied with, the sheriff or agent authorized to collect the tax shall proceed to execute upon the warrant in the same manner as prescribed for execution upon a judgment.
(2) A notice of levy may be made by means of a certified letter or, upon written consent of the recipient, by electronic means by an agent authorized to collect the tax. An agent is not entitled to any fee or compensation in excess of actual expenses incurred in enforcing the warrant.
(3) When issued, a notice of levy has the same force and effect as a writ of execution. A levy upon earnings continues in effect for 120 days or until the judgment is satisfied, whichever occurs first. The levy applies to all pay periods beginning during the 120-day period.
(4) A sheriff or agent shall return a warrant, along with any funds collected, within 90 days of the date of the warrant.
(5) If the warrant is returned not satisfied in full, the department has the same remedies to collect the deficiency as are available for any civil judgment.
(6) The department shall adopt rules to define and implement service of process by electronic means where authorized by law.