15-24-1602. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the local review board as provided in 15-24-1605.
(2) "Certification" means approval by the board or state historic preservation office of a property's qualification for the property tax abatement under the terms of this part.
(3) "Contributing" means a building, site, structure, or object with historic architectural qualities, historic association, or archaeological value for which a property is significant because:
(a) it was present during a period of significant local or state history and possesses historic design or architectural integrity reflecting its character at that time or is capable of yielding important information about the period; or
(b) it independently meets the criteria for listing in the National Register of Historic Places.
(4) "Rehabilitation" means the process of returning a property to a state of utility through repair or alteration that makes possible an efficient contemporary use while preserving those features of the property that are significant to its historical, architectural, and cultural values.
(5) "Restoration" means the process of accurately recovering the form, details, and setting of a property as it appeared when it was originally built or constructed by removing later work or replacing missing earlier work.