17-6-602. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Benefits, services, or coverage of health care needs" means the provision of health care to persons by the state through any program of benefits, services, or coverage, including income tax incentives.
(2) "Health care" has the meaning provided in 50-16-504.
(3) (a) "Programs for tobacco disease prevention" means programs of services administered by the state for the purposes of informing individuals of the health risks of tobacco use and exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke, assisting persons in the avoidance of tobacco products use, and assisting individuals in cessation of tobacco use.
(b) Programs for tobacco disease prevention include:
(i) community-based education programs;
(ii) American Indian community tobacco education programs;
(iii) general public awareness and education programs;
(iv) tobacco cessation services;
(v) chronic disease programs;
(vi) a tobacco use resource center;
(vii) special education and cessation programs to reach youth and women of childbearing age;
(viii) smokeless tobacco user programs; and
(ix) advertising issue programs.
(4) "Tobacco products" means a substance intended for human use that contains tobacco and includes but is not limited to cigarettes, cigars, smoking tobacco, and tobacco intended for use in an oral or nasal cavity.
(5) "Trust fund" means the Montana tobacco settlement trust fund authorized by Article XII, section 4, of the Montana constitution and implemented through this part.