18-4-401. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Cooperative purchasing" means procurement conducted by or on behalf of more than one public procurement unit.
(2) "Local public procurement unit" means a county, city, town, or other subdivision of the state or a public agency of any such subdivision; public authority; educational, health, or other institution; to the extent provided by law, any other entity that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies and services; and any nonprofit corporation operating a charitable hospital.
(3) "Public procurement unit" means a local or state public procurement unit of this or any other state, including an agency of the United States, or a tribal procurement unit.
(4) "State public procurement unit" means a state department, agency, or official that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies and services.
(5) "Tribal procurement unit" means a tribal government, tribal entity, or official of a tribal government located in Montana that expends tribal funds or funds administered by a tribe for the procurement of supplies and services to the extent provided by tribal or federal law.