18-5-501. Definitions. For purposes of this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Blind person" means a person whose central visual acuity does not exceed 20/200 in the better eye with correcting lenses or whose visual acuity is greater than 20/200 but is accompanied by a limitation in the field of vision in the better eye to such a degree that the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees as determined by an ophthalmologist or a physician skilled in diseases of the eye.
(2) "Department" means the department of administration.
(3) "Purchasing agency" means any state agency authorized by Title 18, chapter 4, to enter into contracts.
(4) "Responsible bidder" means a person who has the capability in all respects to fully perform the requirements of a contract and has the integrity and reliability that assure good faith performance.
(5) (a) "State property" means a building or portion of a building or other real property that is:
(i) owned or leased by the state or an agency of the state;
(ii) utilized in the conduct of state matters; and
(iii) occupied principally by state employees.
(b) State property does not include vocational institutions or institutions of higher education.
(6) "Vending facility" means the area and equipment, including vending machines, on state property which are utilized in providing a food or beverage service to employees and other persons present on the property.
(7) "Vending machine" means a device for the dispensing of foodstuffs, liquids, or other products when money is inserted into the device. Vending machine does not include a postage stamp machine, photocopy machine, or coin-operated telephone.