20-4-102. Board of public education policies. To effect an orderly and uniform system of teacher and specialist certification, the board of public education shall, upon the recommendation of the superintendent of public instruction and in accordance with the provisions of this title, prescribe and adopt policies for the issuance of teacher or specialist certificates. Such policies shall provide for:
(1) reasonable training and experience requirements for teacher, specialist, supervisor, and administrative certificates and endorsements thereon as provided by the certification classification in 20-4-106;
(2) the renewal of teacher or specialist certificates based on the same conditions prescribed for the initial issuance of certificates;
(3) the conduct of hearings on teacher or specialist certification revocation, suspension, or denial;
(4) the issuance of emergency authorization to a district to employ a person who is not the holder of a valid teacher certificate as an instructor of pupils; and
(5) any other policy, not inconsistent with the law, which is necessary for the proper operation of a system of teacher and specialist certification.