20-5-322. Residency determination -- notification -- appeal for attendance agreement. (1) In considering an out-of-district attendance agreement, except as provided in 20-9-707, the trustees shall determine the child's district of residence on the basis of the provisions of 1-1-215.
(2) Within 10 days of the initial application for an agreement, the trustees of the district of choice shall notify the parent or guardian of the child and the trustees of the district of residence involved in the out-of-district attendance agreement of the anticipated date for approval or disapproval of the agreement.
(3) Within 10 days of approval or disapproval of an out-of-district attendance agreement, the trustees shall provide copies of the approved or disapproved attendance agreement to the parent or guardian and to the child's district of residence.
(4) Within 15 days of receipt of an approved out-of-district attendance agreement, the trustees of the district of residence shall approve or disapprove the agreement under the provisions of this part and forward the completed agreement to the county superintendent of schools of the county of residence, the trustees of the district of choice, and the parent or guardian.
(5) If an out-of-district attendance agreement is disapproved or no action is taken, the parent may appeal the disapproval or lack of action to the county superintendent and, subsequently, to the superintendent of public instruction under the provisions for the appeal of controversies in this title.
(6) For purposes of payment under 20-5-324(2), a nonresident student who becomes a resident by reaching 18 years of age during the school year may continue to have tuition paid on the student's behalf for the duration of the student's enrollment in the district for that school year.