20-25-256. Purposes of Montana state university-northern. Montana state university-northern has for its purpose instruction and education in:
(1) the English language, history, literature, mathematics, bookkeeping, moral philosophy, and political, rural, and household economy;
(2) mechanical arts, agricultural chemistry, animal and vegetable anatomy and physiology, and veterinary art;
(3) entomology, geology, and such other natural sciences as may be prescribed by the regents;
(4) agriculture, horticulture, and especially the application of science and the mechanical arts to practical agriculture in the field;
(5) irrigation and use of water for agricultural purposes; and
(6) all that relates to an efficient, modern manual training school.