23-2-103. Compliance with federal act authorized -- powers of department. The department of fish, wildlife, and parks shall do those things necessary to comply with the provisions of the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965. Among other things, the department of fish, wildlife, and parks may:
(1) prepare a comprehensive statewide outdoor recreational plan which shall contain an evaluation of the demand for and supply of outdoor recreational resources and facilities in Montana and a program for implementation of the plan;
(2) accept and administer moneys paid by the secretary of the interior for approved projects;
(3) contract with other state agencies, cities, counties, and other political subdivisions of the state, private organizations, and agencies of the federal government;
(4) acquire, other than by eminent domain, and develop outdoor recreational areas and facilities and land and waters and interests in land and waters for such areas and facilities;
(5) for the purpose of implementing the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965, coordinate its activities with and represent the interests of all agencies of state, city, county, and other governmental units with outdoor recreational responsibilities.