23-5-115. Powers and duties of department -- licensing. (1) The department shall administer the provisions of parts 1 through 8 of this chapter.
(2) The department shall adopt rules to administer and implement parts 1 through 8 of this chapter.
(3) The department shall provide licensing procedures, prescribe necessary application forms, and grant or deny license applications and may provide for the issuance of temporary operating authority.
(4) The department shall, as a prerequisite to the issuance of a license pursuant to the authority contained in this chapter, require the applicant to submit fingerprints for the purpose of a criminal background investigation by the department and the federal bureau of investigation.
(5) The applicant shall sign a release of information to the department and is responsible to the department for the payment of all fees associated with the criminal background check.
(6) The department shall prescribe recordkeeping requirements for licensees, provide a procedure for inspection of records, provide a method for collection of taxes, and establish penalties for the delinquent reporting and payment of required taxes.
(7) The department may suspend, revoke, deny, or place a condition on a license issued under parts 1 through 8 of this chapter.
(8) The department may not make public or otherwise disclose confidential criminal justice information, as defined in 44-5-103, information obtained in the tax reporting processes, personal information protected by an individual privacy interest, or trade secrets, as defined in 30-14-402, specifically identified and for which there are reasonable grounds of privilege asserted by the party claiming the privilege.
(9) The department shall assess, collect, and disburse any fees, taxes, or charges authorized under parts 1 through 8 of this chapter.