23-5-128. Distributor's license -- fees. (1) It is a misdemeanor for a person to conduct business as a distributor without first obtaining a distributor's license from the department.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (6), the department shall charge an annual license fee of $1,000 for issuing or renewing a distributor's license. The department shall retain the fee for administrative purposes.
(3) A distributor's license expires June 30 of each year, and the license fee may not be prorated.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (6), the department may charge an additional, one-time license application processing fee to cover the actual cost of processing the original license. The department shall refund any amount of the application processing fee not needed to reimburse the department for actual costs or shall collect an amount sufficient to reimburse the department for actual costs not completely covered by the initial fee charged.
(5) The department shall retain for administrative purposes the license and application processing fees collected under this section.
(6) The department may waive the license fee provided for in subsection (2) if the applicant is licensed as a manufacturer or route operator and may waive the application processing fee provided for in subsection (4) if the applicant is licensed as a manufacturer, route operator, or operator.