23-5-130. Allowable compensation for route operator. The compensation that a licensed route operator may receive for leasing a video gambling machine to a licensed operator is limited to a set fee or a percentage of gross machine income, or both a set fee and percentage amount. The route operator may not assume responsibility for any expenses of the operator's business except for expenses associated with:
(1) paying video gambling machine permit fees and taxes;
(2) conducting video gambling machine promotional activities;
(3) maintaining and repairing video gambling machines;
(4) supplying funds to allow an operator to exchange a player's money for other coin or currency for operating a video gambling machine and to pay out prizes won by players;
(5) providing accounting and recordkeeping services for video gambling machines; and
(6) other activities, if allowed by department rule.