23-5-625. Video gambling machine manufacturer -- license -- fees -- restrictions. (1) It is unlawful for any person to assemble, produce, test, or manufacture any video gambling machine or associated equipment for use or play in the state without having first been issued a video gambling machine manufacturer's license by the department. A licensed manufacturer may supply a video gambling machine only to another licensed manufacturer or to a licensed distributor, route operator, or operator.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (6), the department shall charge an annual license fee of $1,000 for the issuance or renewal of a video gambling machine manufacturer's license.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (6), the department may charge the applicant an additional, one-time video gambling machine manufacturer's license application processing fee. The application processing fee may not exceed the department's actual costs for processing an application.
(4) All video gambling machine manufacturer's licenses expire on June 30 of each year, and the license fee may not be prorated.
(5) The department shall retain the license and processing fees collected for purposes of administering this part, unless otherwise provided.
(6) The department may waive the license fee provided for in subsection (2) if the applicant is licensed as a distributor or route operator and may waive the application processing fee provided for in subsection (3) if the applicant is licensed as a distributor, route operator, or operator.