30-10-1003. (Temporary) Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Claimant" means a person who files an application for restitution assistance under this part on behalf of a victim. The claimant and the victim may be the same but do not have to be the same. The term includes the named party in a restitution award in a final order, the executor of a named party in a restitution award in a final order, and the heirs and assigns of a named party in a restitution award in a final order.
(2) "Department" means the office of the securities commissioner established in 2-15-1901.
(3) "Final order" means a final order issued by the commissioner or a final order in a legal action initiated by the commissioner.
(4) "Fund" means the securities restitution assistance fund created by 30-10-1004.
(5) "Securities violation" means a violation of this chapter and any related administrative rules.
(6) "Victim" means a person who was awarded restitution in a final order.
(7) "Vulnerable person" means:
(a) a person who is at least 60 years of age;
(b) a person who suffers from mental impairment because of frailties or dependencies typically related to advanced age, such as dementia or memory loss;
(c) a person who has a developmental disability as defined in 53-20-102; or
(d) a person with a mental disorder. For the purposes of this subsection (7)(d), "mental disorder" means any organic, mental, or emotional impairment that has substantial adverse effects on an individual's cognitive or volitional functions. The term does not include:
(i) addiction to drugs or alcohol;
(ii) drug or alcohol intoxication;
(iii) intellectual disability; or
(iv) epilepsy. (Terminates June 30, 2021--sec. 55, Ch. 151, L. 2017.)