30-11-901. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Community of interest" means a continuing financial interest that the grantor and grantee have in common.
(2) "Construction equipment" means any vehicle, machine, or attachment designed or adapted and used in construction, heavy construction, highway construction, and remodeling work.
(3) "Dealer" means a person who is a grantee of a construction equipment dealership situated in this state.
(4) "Dealership" means a contract or agreement, expressed or implied, whether oral or written, including a franchise as defined in 61-4-201, by which a person is granted the right to sell or distribute construction equipment, in which there is a community of interest in the business of offering, selling, or distributing construction equipment.
(5) "Department" means the department of labor and industry established in 2-15-1701.
(6) "Designated family member" means the spouse, child, grandchild, parent, brother, or sister of a dealer.
(7) "Designated successor" means a person designated in writing by the retiring dealer to succeed in the dealership or, in the case of an incapacitated dealer, a person appointed by a court as the legal representative of the dealer's property or the appointed and qualified personal representative and the testamentary trustee of a deceased dealer.
(i) failure by a dealer to comply substantially with essential and reasonable requirements imposed upon the dealer by the grantor or sought to be imposed by the grantor, which requirements are not discriminatory as compared with requirements imposed on other similarly situated dealers either by the terms of the requirements or in the manner of their enforcement; or
(ii) bad faith by the dealer in carrying out the terms of the dealership.
(9) "Grantor" means a person who grants a dealership.
(10) "Person" means any individual, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity.