30-13-311. Application for registration. (1) Subject to the limitations set forth in this part, a person who uses a mark may file in the office of the secretary of state, on a form to be furnished by the secretary of state, an application for registration of that mark setting forth information including but not limited to the following:
(a) the name and business address of the person applying for registration and:
(i) if a corporation, the state of incorporation;
(ii) if a limited liability company, the state of organization;
(iii) if a partnership, the state in which the partnership is organized and the names of the general partners, as specified by the secretary of state;
(b) the goods or services on or in connection with which the mark is used and the mode or manner in which the mark is used on or in connection with the goods or services and the class in which the goods or services fall;
(c) the date when the mark was first used anywhere and the date when it was first used in this state by the applicant or a predecessor in business; and
(d) a statement that the applicant is the owner of the mark, that the mark is in use, and that, to the knowledge of the person verifying the application, no other person has registered the mark, either federally or in this state, or has the right to use the mark either in the identical form or in a form that so nearly resembles the mark as to be likely, when applied to the goods or services of the other person, to cause confusion, to cause mistake, or to deceive.
(2) The secretary of state may require a statement as to whether an application to register the mark or portions or a composite of the mark has been filed by the applicant or a predecessor in interest in the United States patent and trademark office. If an application has been filed, the applicant shall provide complete information with respect to that filing, including the filing date and serial number of each application, the status of each application, and if any application was finally refused registration or has otherwise not resulted in a registration, the reasons for nonregistration.
(3) The secretary of state may require that a drawing of the mark, complying with requirements that the secretary of state may specify, accompany the application.
(4) The application must be signed and verified by the applicant or a member of the firm or limited liability company or an officer of the corporation or association applying.
(5) The application must be accompanied by three specimens showing the mark as actually used.
(6) The application for registration must be accompanied by a filing fee as provided for in 30-13-320.