32-9-122. Designated manager and branch office license requirements. (1) A mortgage broker, mortgage lender, or mortgage servicer shall apply for a license for a main office and for every branch office through the NMLS and maintain a unique identifier. All locations must be within the United States or a territory, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
(2) A mortgage broker or mortgage lender shall designate to the NMLS for each office that originates a residential mortgage loan an individual who is licensed as a mortgage loan originator as the designated manager of the main office and each branch office that originates a residential mortgage loan. A designated manager may be responsible for more than one location. The designated manager is responsible for the mortgage origination activity conducted at each office to which the designated manager is assigned in the NMLS.
(3) A designated manager must have 3 years of experience as either a mortgage loan originator or a registered mortgage loan originator.
(4) A designated manager is responsible for the operation of the business at each location under the designated manager's full charge, supervision, and control.
(5) A mortgage broker or mortgage lender is responsible for the conduct of its employees, including for violations of federal or state laws, rules, or regulations.
(6) A designated manager is responsible for conduct that violates federal or state laws, rules, or regulations by the designated manager and each employee of the mortgage broker or mortgage lender at each location that the designated manager manages.
(7) If the designated manager ceases to act in that capacity, within 15 days the mortgage broker or mortgage lender shall designate another individual licensed as a mortgage loan originator as designated manager and shall submit information to the NMLS establishing that the subsequent designated manager is in compliance with the provisions of this part.
(8) If the employment of a designated manager is terminated, the mortgage broker or mortgage lender shall remove the sponsorship of the designated manager on the NMLS within 5 business days of the termination.
(9) A mortgage servicer is responsible for the acts and omissions of its employees, agents, and independent contractors acting in the course and scope of their employment, agency, or contract. (See part compiler's comment regarding contingent suspension.)