32-9-126. Revocation, suspension, conditioning, and reinstatement of licenses. (1) The department, upon giving a mortgage broker, mortgage lender, mortgage servicer, or mortgage loan originator licensee 14 days' written notice, which includes a statement of the grounds for the proposed suspension, conditioning, or revocation, and informing the licensee that the licensee has the right to be heard at an administrative hearing if requested by the licensee, may suspend, condition, or revoke a license if it finds that the licensee has violated any provision of this part or any rule adopted under this part.
(2) The license of a licensee that refuses to make documents and records relating to the operation of the licensee available upon request by the department must be summarily suspended.
(3) A revocation, suspension, or surrender of a license does not relieve the licensee from civil or criminal liability for acts committed prior to the revocation, suspension, or surrender of the license.
(4) The department may reinstate any suspended license if the suspended licensee has complied with all the reinstatement conditions set forth at the time the license was suspended and if the licensee is otherwise qualified to have the license reinstated.
(5) The department may by order vacate a revocation of a license and enter an appropriate order.
(6) The department may refuse to accept a licensee's offer to surrender a license under the following circumstances:
(a) a final order has been issued in an enforcement action and the licensee has not fully complied with the order regardless of whether compliance is yet due;
(b) the licensee has violated or is under investigation for a suspected violation of this part or any rule adopted under this part;
(c) there is an enforcement action or complaint pending against the licensee; or
(d) the licensee has not made arrangements satisfactory to the department regarding loans in process at the time of the offer of surrender.
(7) A revocation, suspension, or surrender of a license does not impair or affect the obligation of a preexisting lawful contract between the licensee and any person, including a borrower.
(8) In the event of a revoked, suspended, or surrendered mortgage broker, mortgage lender, mortgage servicer, or mortgage loan originator license, fees may not be refunded by the department. (See part compiler's comment regarding contingent suspension.)