(1) "Contract pharmacy" means a pharmacy operating under contract with a federally certified health entity to provide dispensing services to the federally certified health entity.
(2) "Federally certified health entity" means a 340B covered entity as described in 42 U.S.C. 256b(a)(4).
(3) "Maximum allowable cost list" means the list of drugs used by a pharmacy benefit manager that sets the maximum cost on which reimbursement to a network pharmacy or pharmacist is based.
(4) "Pharmacist" means a person licensed by the state to engage in the practice of pharmacy pursuant to Title 37, chapter 7.
(5) "Pharmacy" means an established location, either physical or electronic, that is licensed by the board of pharmacy pursuant to Title 37, chapter 7, and that has entered into a network contract with a pharmacy benefit manager, health insurance issuer, or plan sponsor.
(6) "Pharmacy benefit manager" means a person who contracts with pharmacies on behalf of a health insurance issuer, third-party administrator, or plan sponsor to process claims for prescription drugs, provide retail network management for pharmacies or pharmacists, pay pharmacies or pharmacists for prescription drugs, or provide other prescription drug or device services.
(7) "Pharmacy performance measurement entity" means:
(a) the electronic quality improvement platform for plans and pharmacies; or
(b) an entity approved by the board of pharmacy provided for in 2-15-1733 as a nationally recognized and unbiased entity that assists pharmacies in improving performance measures.
(8) "Prescription drug" means any drug that is required by federal law or regulation to be dispensed only by a prescription subject to section 353(b) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.
(9) "Prescription drug order" has the meaning provided in 37-7-101.
(10) "Reference pricing" means a calculation for the price of a pharmaceutical that uses the most current nationally recognized reference price or amount to set the reimbursement for prescription drugs and other products, supplies, and services covered by a network contract between a plan sponsor, health insurance issuer, or pharmacy benefit manager and a pharmacy or pharmacist.