33-22-1303. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Association" means the Montana reinsurance association provided for in this part.
(2) "Attachment point" means the threshold amount for claims costs incurred by an eligible health insurer for an enrolled individual's covered benefits in a benefit year, beyond which the claims costs for benefits are eligible for reinsurance payments.
(3) "Benefit year" means the calendar year for which an eligible health insurer provides coverage through an individual health insurance policy.
(4) "Board" means the association's board of directors provided for in 33-22-1306.
(5) "Coinsurance rate" means the rate at which the association will reimburse an eligible health insurer for claims incurred for an enrolled individual's covered benefits in a benefit year above the attachment point and below the reinsurance cap.
(6) "Eligible health insurer" means a health insurer, health service corporation, or health maintenance organization that:
(a) offers individual health insurance coverage in the individual market, as defined in 33-22-140;
(b) offers a qualified health plan as defined in 42 U.S.C. 18021(a) that does not discriminate on the basis of health status in rating or issuance, covers all essential health benefits, and does not impose lifetime or annual limits or exclude preexisting conditions; and
(c) incurs claims costs for an individual enrollee's covered benefits in the applicable benefit year.
(7) "Major medical" health insurance includes individual market and employer group health insurance that:
(a) is guaranteed available;
(b) is guaranteed renewable;
(c) does not impose preexisting condition exclusions;
(d) (i) offers essential health benefits as defined in 42 U.S.C. 18022; or
(ii) for large employer group coverage, meets the federal requirements for minimum value;
(e) pays medical claims, with no lifetime or annual limits; and
(f) complies with the federal limits for maximum out-of-pocket.
(8) "Payment parameters" means the attachment point, reinsurance cap, and coinsurance rate for the Montana reinsurance program.
(9) "Program" means the Montana reinsurance program operated by the Montana reinsurance association.
(10) "Reinsurance cap" means the maximum amount of each claim incurred by an eligible health insurer for an enrolled individual's covered benefits in a benefit year, after which the claims costs for benefits are no longer eligible for reinsurance payments.
(11) "Reinsurance payments" means an amount paid by the association to an eligible health insurer under the program.