35-2-433. Committees of the board. (1) Unless prohibited or limited by the articles or bylaws, a board of directors may create one or more committees of the board and appoint members of the board to serve on them. Each committee must have two or more directors who serve at the pleasure of the board.
(2) The creation of a committee and appointment of members to it must be approved by the greater of:
(a) a majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken; or
(b) the number of directors required by the articles or bylaws to take action under 35-2-431.
(3) Sections 35-2-427 through 35-2-431, which govern meetings, action without meetings, notice, waiver of notice, and quorum and voting requirements of the board, apply to committees of the board and their members.
(4) To the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles or bylaws, each committee of the board may exercise the board's authority under 35-2-414.
(5) A committee of the board may not:
(a) authorize distributions;
(b) approve or recommend to members dissolution, merger, or the sale, pledge, or transfer of all or substantially all of the corporation's assets;
(c) elect, appoint, or remove directors or fill vacancies on the board or on any of its committees; or
(d) adopt, amend, or repeal the articles or bylaws.
(6) The creation of, delegation of authority to, or action by a committee does not by itself constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in 35-2-416.