Montana Code Annotated 2023



Part 8. Foreign Corporations

Application For Certificate Of Authority

35-2-822. Application for certificate of authority. A foreign corporation may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by delivering an application to the secretary of state. The application must set forth:

(1) the name of the foreign corporation or, if its name is unavailable for use in this state, a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of 35-2-826;

(2) the name of the state, tribe, or country under whose law it is incorporated;

(3) the date of incorporation and period of duration;

(4) the business mailing address of its principal office;

(5) the information required by 35-7-105(1);

(6) the names and business mailing addresses of its current directors and officers;

(7) whether the foreign corporation has members;

(8) whether the foreign corporation, if it had been incorporated in this state, would be a public benefit corporation, mutual benefit corporation, or religious corporation;

(9) the purpose or purposes of the foreign corporation that it proposes to pursue in the transaction of business in this state; and

(10) a statement that the foreign corporation has complied with the organizational laws in the jurisdiction in which it is organized and that the foreign corporation exists in that jurisdiction.

History: En. Sec. 149, Ch. 411, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 45, Ch. 240, L. 2007; amd. Sec. 13, Ch. 26, L. 2011; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 42, L. 2015; amd. Sec. 11, Ch. 280, L. 2015.