Montana Code Annotated 2023



Part 8. Foreign Corporations

Withdrawal Of Foreign Corporation

35-2-831. Withdrawal of foreign corporation. (1) A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may not withdraw from this state until it obtains a certificate of withdrawal from the secretary of state.

(2) A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may apply for a certificate of withdrawal by delivering an application to the secretary of state for filing. The application must set forth:

(a) the name of the foreign corporation and the name of the state, tribe, or country under whose law it is incorporated;

(b) the fact that it is not transacting business in this state and that it surrenders its authority to transact business in this state;

(c) the fact that it revokes the authority of its registered agent to accept service on its behalf and appoints the secretary of state as its agent for service of process in any proceeding based on a cause of action arising during the time it was authorized to do business in this state;

(d) a mailing address to which the secretary of state may mail a copy of any process served on the secretary of state under subsection (2)(c); and

(e) a commitment to notify the secretary of state, in the future, of any change in the mailing address.

History: En. Sec. 157, Ch. 411, L. 1991; amd. Sec. 1289, Ch. 56, L. 2009; amd. Sec. 13, Ch. 280, L. 2015.