37-18-603. Powers of board -- euthanasia certification. The board may:
(1) establish qualifications and prescribe the application format for certification as a certified agency or as a certified euthanasia technician and review each application for compliance with certification requirements;
(2) examine and determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants to operate as a certified agency or as a certified euthanasia technician;
(3) issue, renew, reinstate, deny, suspend, require voluntary surrender of, or revoke any certifications or temporary permits or impose other forms of discipline and enter into consent agreements and negotiated settlements with certified agencies or certified euthanasia technicians consistent with the provisions of this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to Title 37, chapter 1, and this chapter;
(4) establish a schedule of fees for certifying agencies and euthanasia technicians, ensuring that the fees are commensurate with the costs of the certification program;
(5) establish a list of controlled substances approved for the purpose of euthanasia;
(6) adopt other rules that the board or department considers necessary for the implementation of this part; and
(7) inspect any certified agency's controlled substance storage, inventory, administration procedures, and recordkeeping.