37-22-313. Social worker licensure candidate -- registration requirements -- renewal -- standards. (1) A person who has completed the education required for licensure under 37-22-301, 37-22-307, or 37-22-308 but who has not completed the supervised work experience required for licensure shall register as a social worker licensure candidate in order to engage in social work and earn supervised work experience hours in this state.
(2) To register, the person shall submit:
(a) the application and fee required by the board;
(b) proof of completion of the education requirement;
(c) fingerprints for the purpose of fingerprint checks by the Montana department of justice and the federal bureau of investigation as provided in 37-1-307;
(d) proof of good moral character; and
(e) a training and supervision plan that meets the requirements set by the board.
(3) Upon satisfaction of the requirements of subsection (2) and approval by the board, a person may engage in social work under the conditions set by the board and use the title of "social worker licensure candidate" that is appropriate to the applicant's proposed level of licensure.
(4) A person shall register annually as a social worker licensure candidate. The board may limit the number of years that a person may act as a social worker licensure candidate.
(5) A social worker licensure candidate shall conform to the standards of conduct applicable to all licensees.
(6) Unprofessional conduct or failure to satisfy the training and supervision requirements and other conditions set by the board may result in disciplinary action, sanctions, or other restriction of a person's authorization to act as a social worker licensure candidate.
(7) The board may:
(a) deny a license or issue a probationary license to an applicant for licensure based on the applicant's conduct as a social worker licensure candidate; and