37-27-103. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Apprentice" means a person who is working under the supervision of a licensed direct-entry midwife and is seeking licensure as a direct-entry midwife under this chapter.
(2) "Board" means the alternative health care board established in 2-15-1730.
(3) "Continuous care" means care provided for one person from the initial history-taking interview through monthly prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum periods.
(4) "Direct-entry midwife" means a person who advises, attends, or assists a woman during pregnancy, labor, natural childbirth, or the postpartum period.
(5) "Licensee" means a person authorized by this chapter to practice direct-entry midwifery.
(6) "Postpartum period" means the period up to 6 weeks following birth.
(7) "Practice of direct-entry midwifery" means the advising, attending, or assisting of a woman during pregnancy, labor, natural childbirth, or the postpartum period.