37-33-405. Powers and duties of board -- rulemaking authority. The board shall:
(1) adopt rules necessary or proper to administer and enforce this chapter;
(2) adopt rules that endorse equivalent licensure examinations of another state or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a foreign country and that may include licensure by reciprocity;
(3) adopt rules establishing reasonable requirements for continuing education, which must require 12 hours of continuing education to be completed in each 2-year period;
(4) meet as often as necessary for the conduct of business but at least twice a year; and
(5) take disciplinary action necessary to protect the public as provided for in Title 37, chapter 1.