37-35-102. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Accredited college or university" means a college or university accredited by a regional or national accrediting association for institutions of higher learning.
(2) "Addiction" means the condition or state in which an individual is physiologically or psychologically dependent upon alcohol or other drugs. The term includes chemical dependency as defined in 53-24-103.
(3) "Addiction counselor licensure candidate" means a person who is registered pursuant to 37-35-202(5) to engage in addiction counseling and earn supervised work experience necessary for licensure.
(4) "Board" means the board of behavioral health provided for in 2-15-1744.
(5) "Licensed addiction counselor" means a person who has the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the therapeutic process of addiction and gambling dependence impulse control disorder counseling and who is licensed under the provisions of this chapter.