37-36-101. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Athlete" means a person who participates in an athletic activity that involves exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, flexibility, range of motion, speed, or stamina and the exercises, sports, or games are of the type conducted in association with an educational institution or a professional, amateur, or recreational sports club or organization.
(2) "Athletic injury" means a physical injury received by an athlete.
(3) "Athletic trainer" means an individual who is licensed to practice athletic training.
(4) "Athletic training" means the practice of prevention, recognition, assessment, management, treatment, disposition, and reconditioning of athletic injuries. The term includes the following:
(a) the use of heat, light, sound, cold, electricity, exercise, reconditioning, or mechanical devices related to the care and conditioning of athletes; and
(b) the education and counseling of the public on matters related to athletic training.
(5) "Board" means the board of athletic trainers provided for in 2-15-1771.
(6) "Department" means the department of labor and industry provided for in 2-15-1701.
(7) "Licensee" means an individual licensed under this chapter.