37-38-102. Definitions. As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Behavioral health" includes a person with a diagnosis of:
(a) a mental disorder, as that term is defined in 53-21-102; or
(b) chemical dependency, as that term is defined in 53-24-103.
(2) "Behavioral health peer support" means the use of a peer support specialist's personal experience with a behavioral health disorder to provide support, mentoring, guidance, and advocacy and to offer hope to individuals with behavioral health disorders.
(3) "Board" means the board of behavioral health established under 2-15-1744.
(4) "Certified behavioral health peer support specialist" means a person who:
(a) has experienced and is in recovery from a behavioral health disorder;
(b) has obtained the education and skills needed to provide therapeutic support to individuals with behavioral health disorders; and
(c) possesses a valid and current certification.
(5) "Mental health professional" means:
(a) a physician licensed under Title 37, chapter 3;
(b) a psychologist licensed under Title 37, chapter 17;
(c) a social worker licensed under Title 37, chapter 22;
(d) a professional counselor licensed under Title 37, chapter 23;
(e) an advanced practice registered nurse, as provided for in 37-8-202, with a clinical specialty in psychiatric mental health nursing;
(f) a marriage and family therapist licensed under Title 37, chapter 37; or
(g) a licensed addiction counselor licensed under Title 37, chapter 35.