37-42-102. Definitions. Unless the context requires otherwise, in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the board of environmental review provided for in 2-15-3502.
(2) "Certificate" means a certificate of competency issued by the department, stating that the operator holding the certificate has met the requirements for the specified operator classification of the certification program.
(3) "Community water system" means a public water supply system that serves at least 15 service connections used by year-round residents or that regularly serves at least 25 year-round residents.
(4) "Council" means the water and wastewater operators' advisory council provided for in 2-15-2105.
(5) "Department" means the department of environmental quality provided for in 2-15-3501.
(6) "Industrial waste" means any waste substance from the processes of business or industry or from the development of a natural resource, together with any sewage that may be present.
(7) "Industrial waste discharge system" means a system that discharges industrial waste into state waters.
(8) "Nontransient noncommunity water system" means a public water system, as defined in 75-6-202, that is not a community system and that regularly serves at least 25 of the same persons for at least 6 months a year.
(9) "Operator" means the person in direct responsible charge of the operation of a water treatment plant, water distribution system, or wastewater treatment plant.
(10) "State waters" means the term as defined in 75-6-102.
(11) "Wastewater treatment plant" means a facility that:
(a) is designed to remove solids, bacteria, or other harmful constituents of sewage, industrial waste, or other wastes; and
(b) is part of either an industrial waste discharge system or a public sewage system as defined in 75-6-102.
(12) "Water distribution system" means that portion of the water supply system that conveys water from the water treatment plant or other supply source to the premises of the consumer and that is part of a community water system or a nontransient noncommunity water system.
(13) "Water supply system" means a system of pipes, structures, and facilities through which water is obtained, treated, sold, distributed, or otherwise offered to the public for household use or use by humans and that is part of a community water system or a nontransient noncommunity water system.
(14) "Water treatment plant" means that portion of the water supply system that alters either the physical, chemical, or bacteriological quality of the water and renders it safe and palatable for human use.