37-53-102. Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Affiliate" means a person who controls, is controlled by, or is under the control of a developer.
(2) "Association" or "owners' association" means the association of owners created by the timeshare instruments for purposes of managing and maintaining the project for the benefit of all timeshare owners.
(3) "Board" means the board of realty regulation provided for in 2-15-1757.
(4) "Developer" means:
(a) a person creating timeshares or engaged in the business of selling the person's own timeshares;
(b) a person who controls, is controlled by, or is in common control with the person engaged in creating or selling timeshares; or
(c) any successor, agent, or assignee of a person referred to in subsection (4)(a) or (4)(b).
(5) (a) "Expenses" means expenditures, fees, charges, or liabilities, including any allocations to reserves:
(i) incurred, with respect to timeshare intervals or units, by or on behalf of all timeshare owners in one timeshare property; and
(ii) imposed on the timeshare intervals or units by the entity governing the project of which the timeshare intervals or units are a part.
(b) The term does not include purchase money payable for timeshare intervals or units.
(6) "Managing entity" means a person hired by the timeshare association or developer to manage the timeshare plan or the timeshare property.
(7) "Offer" or "offering" means an inducement, solicitation, or attempt to encourage a person to acquire a timeshare interest. An offer is made in this state if the offer originates in this state or is advertised in this state or if the principal timeshare property is located in this state.
(8) "Person" means a natural person, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, joint venture, or other legal or commercial entity.
(9) "Project" means the real property or real estate, which must contain more than one unit, in which timeshares are created by a single instrument or set of instruments.
(10) "Promoter" means any person who induces, solicits, or encourages another person to review or acquire a timeshare interval.
(11) "Public offering statement" means the written statement required by 37-53-303.
(12) "Purchaser" means a person, other than a developer, who by means of a voluntary transfer acquires a legal or equitable interest in a timeshare, other than as security for an obligation.
(13) "Real estate" means real estate as defined in 37-51-102.
(14) "Sale" or "sell" includes each contract of sale of, contract to sell, or disposition of a timeshare for value.
(15) "Timeshare instrument" means one or more documents, by whatever name denominated, creating or regulating timeshares.
(16) "Timeshare interval" or "timeshare interest" means the right, however evidenced or documented, to use and occupy one or more timeshare units on a periodic basis according to an arrangement allocating the use and occupancy rights between similar users.
(17) "Timeshare owner" means a person, other than a developer, who is an owner or co-owner of a timeshare. If title to a timeshare is held in trust, timeshare owner means the beneficiary of the trust.
(18) "Timeshare salesperson" means a person who for a salary, commission, or compensation of any kind is associated with a timeshare development to sell, purchase, or negotiate for sale, purchase, lease, or exchange of the timeshare interests in real estate and who, on behalf of a developer, sells or offers to sell a timeshare to a purchaser.
(19) "Timeshare unit" or "unit" means the real property or portion of real property in which the timeshare interval exists or will exist, including campgrounds, campsites, and outdoor recreation sites with spaces designed or promoted for the purpose of locating a trailer, tent, tent trailer, camper, or similar device for land-based portable housing.