39-2-1501. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Employee" means a person who works for another for hire and includes independent contractors.
(2) "Employer" means a person or entity that has one or more employees or independent contractors.
(3) "Local government" means a county, consolidated city-county, city, town, township, school district, or other district or local public entity with the authority to spend or receive public funds.
(4) "Microchip" means technology that:
(a) is designed to be surgically implanted in the body of an individual; and
(b) contains a unique identification number and personal information that can be noninvasively retrieved or transmitted with an external scanning device.
(5) "State agency" means a department, board, commission, office, bureau, or other public authority of state government.