39-32-102. Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Appropriate unit" means a homogenous group of employees of a health care facility having similar duties and qualifications determined pursuant to 39-32-106.
(2) "Board" means the board of personnel appeals provided for in 2-15-1705.
(3) "Employee" means a registered professional or licensed practical nurse performing services for compensation for a health care facility, but does not include a member of a religious order assigned to a health care facility by the order as a part of the member's obligation to the order.
(4) "Health care facility" means a hospital or nursing home or other agency or establishment employing employees, whether operated publicly or privately, having as one of its principal purposes the preservation of health, the care of sick or infirm individuals, or both.
(5) "Strike" means any work stoppage caused by the employees of a health care facility that interferes with the operation of the health care facility or affects the care of patients in the health care facility.