(1) "Applicant" means a victim and includes a parent or guardian of a minor or a person described in 40-15-102(4) who acts on behalf of the victim.
(2) "Department" means the department of justice.
(3) "Participant" means an applicant who has submitted an application pursuant to 40-15-117 that has been approved by the department.
(4) "Partner or family member assault" has the meaning provided in 45-5-206.
(5) "Sexual assault" means sexual assault as defined in 45-5-502, sexual intercourse without consent as defined in 45-5-503, incest as defined in 45-5-507, or sexual abuse of children as defined in 45-5-625.
(6) "Stalking" has the meaning provided in 45-5-220.
(7) "Victim" means an individual who has been a victim of partner or family member assault, sexual assault, or stalking or who is otherwise eligible to file a petition for an order of protection under 40-15-102.