46-23-103. Definitions. Unless the context requires otherwise, in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the board of pardons and parole provided for in 2-15-2305.
(2) "Department" means the department of corrections provided for in 2-15-2301.
(3) "Executive clemency" refers to the powers of the governor as provided by section 12 of Article VI of the constitution of Montana.
(4) "Hearing panel" means a panel appointed by the presiding officer of the board and made up of at least three board members to conduct parole hearings, revocation hearings, rescission hearings, and administrative parole reviews and to make recommendations in matters of executive clemency.
(5) "Parole" means the release to the community of a prisoner by the decision of a hearing panel prior to the expiration of the prisoner's term, subject to conditions imposed by the hearing panel and subject to supervision of the department.
(6) "Victim" means a victim as defined in 46-18-243.